Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dancing, a contact sport?

Well, I always say that dance is a contact sport, and I was
speaking from my own experiences. You see, I live in Boise, Idaho.

While we do have "organized" dance associations that are great,
much of our dancing is in country honky tonks.
Picture this, me in ballroom dance shoes, on the floor with
dancing cowboy boots. Yes, scary, and I have lost a toenail or
two, dancing the Country Two Step, and had a few bruises along the
way, but I sure felt a bit better after watching Dancing with the
Stars tonight.

You see, even Gold Medalist, Misty Trainer, was injured while
dancing. Meaning I am not the only one getting beaten up on the
dance floor. It was a horrible injury and I felt so bad for her.
They were also showing injuries sustained by the pros. But once
again you hear someone say the worst part of the injury was that
she had to stop dancing.

So remember, while dancing is a contact sport, not all of the
contact is painful!
Happy Dancing,
Michele@learntoballroomdanceonline.com

No comments: